Coach Tisha Speaks on Mastering Obstacles in Life

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

SERIOUSLY SHIFT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING WORLD!!!!!! Are you ready for me, because I am ready for you! This morning, I am going to take some time to really develop my mind mentally. I'm pushing new information in my mind and consciously forcing out the old outdated information. Bust up that no-result way of thinking. This morning, I want to talk about a serious shift. Guess what, for years, people have always been attracted to my energy, positive outlook and vibrant personality. Most of the time, I was always the leader in the group. You know, we are always comfortable hanging around people who do not intimidate us or push us out of the comfort zone. It's easy to be friends with a person who does not challenge our limiting mindset or our crazy way of thinking. It's easy to love someone who lets you abound in mediocrity living and a lazy way of living. But one day, I heard someone say, you are a sum total of the people you hang around. He also said, the people you hang around will determine your salary, marriage, etc. So, if the people in your inner circle are making 20,000 a year, well in five years, that is what you will be making. Forget the fact that you are striving to do better, if you don't expand your friendships, you will not be subconsciously pushed to new heights and levels. So over the past couple of years, I had to make some changes. Some people I had to let go, the relationship was toxic. Some people I had to transition from because I was developing a mindset to achieve greater. I remember in October 2007, I joined a professional organization, which was in a field I studied in but did not work in. I was literally afraid. First of all, the cost alone to join would intimidate most people in my circle because we all thought the same way. That old limiting, that's too much. I made a decision in 2009, I would not spend more in clothes, cars, purses or travel until I spent that same amount developing my mind and training. I can buy a pair of shoes for 50.00 and the heel break, I'm out of luck. But if I buy a book from Amazon.com, I have access to knowledge for life. Second, I was networking with people who's base salary was 100K min a year in my profession, and third, I knew I belong here, but I still felt intimated. When I joined SHRM, I was making a decent, limiting salary! Even though I had degrees, I love the Lord and was a positive person, my subconscious way of thinking was driving me into limitations and I didn't even realize it. Well, guess what, I shifted my mind, worked on my confidence and got involved in the organization. I remember reading a book recommended by a co-worker that shifted my mind so much, I got back in my A-game. I said, wait a minute, Latisha, it's time rise up from here. See, that's what happens when you get knowledge, it enlightens you to make changes. I took a look around and said, it's time to SHIFT! Well, by April of 2008, my salary had tripled! Yes, it did. Why am I telling you this, because when I stepped out of the comfort zone of the follower mindset and shift with the big players in the industry I wanted to be in. I began to develop wealth habits and learned to operate in that zone. Now, don't get me wrong, God's favor is always on my life. But you can't access favor with wrong information or a low way of thinking. Hey, Talk about a real SHIFT!!! YEP, SHIFT HAPPENS, NOT JUST... The only way up from here is UP! I'm still shifting and challenging myself everyday, so I feel you. So I say to you this morning, and even myself, go to a place of intimidation and uncomfortable and challenge your mind to shift. Yesterday I went to a luncheon (alone and a little scared, truth be told :), immediately I met a real estate broker (young lady millionaire) who's on the board of Real Estate Investors. Immediately we clicked, why, we both have the same mentality. :) It's the largest one in the state and perhaps the southeast, based here in Atlanta. For the few months, I had thought about going, but I knew in my mind, it would push me out of my comfort zone. You know how it goes, we make excuses to support our failure and lack of achievement. Let's just be real. Ha ha, I got pushed alright. She gave me her card and said I have two free passes, when you come to the meeting I will show you around and introduce you to other board members. FAVOR AGAIN. But keep in mind, for the past two year, I have been working on elevating my mind, reading books, working with my power coach, taking action and forcing my mind to go into the place that I desire. My purpose is to live the best possible life God has for me, what's yours? I live to inspire other and challenge them to break limits by example, what about you? Some of my friends are now shifting and I looooove it. It inspires me to hear them say they are working on their goals and moving forward, I love that. We inspire each other. So my friend, remember, real winners hang with the top performers and not lazy folks that do not want to be challenged. I got a text from a friend of mind in Detroit this morning, around 5:30am. He said, thanks for always giving me the facts. Educate yourself in the place of your failure and grow in success. Whether that failure was a job, a relationship, business, marriage, children, cooking, or driving. Get knowledge, walk in love, get with the power coach & my friend, Madeline and bust up fear and stay on the winning team. I'm so excited we are on the winning team.

Committed to Winning,
TISHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!